GLM are recruiting a bookkeeper to join their team. Reporting directly to the Financial Director, the bookkeeper has responsibility for the book-keeping support functions of GLM. They will ensure the delivery of transactional finance management.
- Preparation of draft fee notes for team leaders and emailing to clients according to project requirements including collation of expenses onto fee notes. Posting fee notes to Xero, maintaining Customer account records. Recording transactions on fee note record excel spreadsheet and updating dashboard for fees sent out. Maintaining our forecasting dashboard record.
- Xero input for all supplier and customer transactions and control over ledgers including corrections as required.
- Debtors Control Process – preparing and issuing statements and reminder letters; making calls re. debt collection; issuing receipts.
- Creditors Control Process – checking and lodging invoices; processing all bank payments for authorisation.
- Maintaining the purchase order record to enable recharges to client fees.
- Reconciliation of Mastercard transactions.
- Bank reconciliation on Xero, input of bank payments and receipts, supplier payments and customer receipts.
- Inputting office petty cash to Xero.
- Processing Fixed asset depreciation journals and maintaining the asset register.
- Collation of staff expenses through Hubdoc for payroll and processing of payroll journal and staff expense and mileage payments.
- Assistance with Cost Analysis for budgeting and forecasting processes.
- VAT returns.
- HMRC administration over PAYE/NIC payments, and processing of P11Ds, monthly upload of pension payments to pension provider.
- Submission of CIS returns
- Assisting with the cashflow monitoring.
- Processing of month end accruals and prepayment journals.
Maintaining Operational and Company Standards:
- Promote the best interests of the company at all times.
- Support and work towards the organisation’s goals and values.
- Strive for continuous improvement of processes.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the output of work is in line with our values and principles of treating our customers fairly.
Working in a team:
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties.
- Support the team’s efforts to succeed.
- Balance your own and others needs accordingly.
- Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views.
- Manage your own time effectively.
- Adhere to deadlines through prioritising workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Responsive in managing all forms of communication.
- Take ownership for workload and is proactive in approach.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Courteousness and respectful of colleagues and others, acting in a professional manner,
- Flexible to change, eager to improve and develop new skills.
- Take ownership for your own personal development.
- Good problem solving skills.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years finance experience, Xero experience is essential, in addition, Hubdoc is preferable.
- Numerical with attention to detail
- Skilled in Excel, and understanding of bookkeeping practices.
- Knowledge of CIS advantageous, including supplier verification and monthly returns.
- Prepare, plan and use time effectively.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Have a polite and professional, office and telephone manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Salary (FTE): £22,500-£30,000 depending on experience
Hours: Flexible – 3 days per week optimum
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com marked for the attention of Ian McKee.
Closing Date: 12Noon, 20th October 2023.