GLM Recruiting a Construction Manager in North Yorkshire
GLM Recruiting for a Construction Manager in North Yorkshire
GLM are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to head up our forthcoming flagship development in the Wykeham Lakes area located adjacent to the North Yorkshire Moors. As an indispensable member of the team you will be responsible for the development and delivery of the overall project on site ensuring that the specifications and programme are met. You will be at the front line of the construction and design interface, overseeing, inspecting and reporting on all site activities. You will act as the main point of contact and distribution for all communications passing through the design team to construction site.
In order to be considered for the job you must have the following;
• A Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification.
• Experience of setting out, establishing datums and knowledge of wet trade works are essential.
• Experience of producing and/or delivering projects with high quality finishes.
• A thorough and up-to-date technical knowledge of varying types of construction and their related details, with the ability and confidence to comment upon these in practice.
• A proven track record of managing construction projects ideally through the Construction Management procurement route.
• A sound understanding of the principles and philosophy behind Construction Management ideally with a project management qualification.
• Experience of contract administration of subcontractor contracts with the ability to react to changing demands and often conflicting priorities.
• Extensive understanding through practice of the requirements laid down in the Health and Safety and CDM Regulations of the duties of a Principal Contractor
• Ability to organise and manage all other safety precautions, fire protection, security, transportation, delivery of goods, materials, plant and equipment and control of pollution.
• Exact and reliable communication and reporting skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to keep up to date and accurate site records, accidents records, drawings, meeting minutes, programmes and instructions.
• The ability to work under pressure and as a minority on site in order to ensure design, quality and workmanship standards are continually met.
• Capable of liaising with building control and gathering adequate data.
You must be able to work to tight time scales and be able to take a project from groundwork through to handover, ensuring the highest levels of standards are maintained throughout.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE