Emblehope and Burngrange Estate
The Kennel Club
Brief and Response
The Emblehope & Burngrange Estate is a busy working hill farm which currently comprises of a flock of 1500 ewes and a number of cattle and is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). The estate covers 7550 acres with various uses and even includes a licence to the Ministry of Defence for training purposes. The Kennel Club purchased the estate and created a Centre of Excellence for Working Dogs. The Kennel Club says : “This beautiful moorland estate […] is absolutely ideal for walked up trialling and training for Retrievers, Spaniels and HPRs. The shooting estate offers both Pheasant and Partridge shooting and the varied terrain offer opportunities for all breeds
of Gundog to demonstrate their natural working abilities. This Gundog training estate has woodland cover that provides excellent hunting for Spaniels whilst the stretching moorland is ideal for challenging retrieves and for the pointing breeds to show off their hunting abilities to the full.” GLM’s team are involved in a variety of projects on the estate. An initial 5 year Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) Schedule was compiled for all property on the estate including the cottage and the farm. This led on to the refurbishment of the cottage including a total internal refurbishment, replacement of the generator, battery pack and septic tank
to meet the new requirements. A preliminary assessment on the use of renewables on the site has also been conducted by Irons Foulner . GLM have also been involved in the erection of a preassembled log cabin, produced by Beaver Log Cabins , to provide communal space for those visiting the estate for shoots and training. To deliver the project GLM have worked closely with John Laidlaw and Son as the Main Contractor alongside others including Hutchison Environmental , Elliot and Co and Irons Foulner. Read more about how The Kennel Club came across Emblehope Estate in the Knight Frank blog here .