At GLM we bring sharp insight, imaginative design and effective implementation to the creation, reuse and adaptation of buildings. To make buildings that stand proud and that will stand the test of time. And, if we can do it with the lightest touch, doing more with less, then all the better! We do this so that the built environment is somewhere we can all enjoy and be proud of.
Our Building Surveyors are key to delivering this mission. We see the core purpose of building surveying as protecting and maximising the value that sits in our built environment: social, environmental and financial. Safeguarding this value is a key role in answering the challenges which face our world.
We are looking for an experienced building surveyor to join our Edinburgh team to help us deliver our goal. The person we’re looking for will be able to demonstrate that they are:
- Comfortable as a job runner and key point of contact to the client;
- Technically minded, with a sound understanding of building physics, and diligent in the execution of this role;
- Strategically aware of the role of the built environment to issues of social, environmental and financial sustainability;
- A team player, familiar with the role a building surveyor plays in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Energetic and proactive;
- Comfortable with change as a constant, and happy to continue to learn, develop and be challenged;
- A good communicator both verbally and in written English, to a range of audiences;
- Passionate about the potential that building surveyors have to improve our world.
We need someone with a broad range of competencies, including:
- Surveying and reporting on a wide variety of building types, including Historic Buildings;
- Project Management experience and ability to manage and coordinate services of sub-consultants;
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Project;
- Ability to independently develop Building Warrant and tender packs, procure works, and act as CA during the site phase;
- Commercial surveying experience, including Dilapidations, Technical Due Diligence and Schedules of Condition;
- Experience in working on Shared Repairs instructions.
In terms of experience, we are looking for someone who is chartered with circa. 5 years experience post-qualification. Salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
If this describes you, and you’re up for the challenge, please email your CV along with a cover letter and availability to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 3rd April 2023.
GLM is fundamentally committed to promoting equality and diversity in our work and in our team. We work to make our company representative of the society in which we live and so welcome CVs from those under-represented in the surveying profession.