GLM is recruiting a Marketing Assistant to continue to drive marketing strategies and grow GLM’s position in the market. You will work within exciting sectors such as tourism and leisure, castles and country houses, high end residential and commercial property across Scotland. You will play a key role in business development activities.
At GLM we seek to have a positive, inspiring impact on people’s lives through enhancing the built & natural environment. We do this through offering high quality technical consultancy in the creation, re-use, adaptation and maintenance of buildings, working hard so that buildings are inherently sustainable and bring a sense of pleasure and delight
Our purpose is to promote the long term benefits of doing things right, first time and to the highest quality. We seek to inform and educate others of this philosophy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and creative marketer with an interest in the property sector. GLM will provide you with a varied workload with access to exciting projects all over Scotland. Reporting to Board level, you will have a competitive starting salary and an opportunity to grow and develop your role.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in a business or marketing related discipline or possess relevant experience
- Experience with social media
- Experience with video capturing, editing and sharing desired, but not required
- Good working understanding of the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Highly developed organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- MS Office skills
The key purpose of the role is to drive GLM’s marketing strategies and grow the firms position in the market while supporting the smooth running of the office and ensuring that the senior team maximise their time spent on active business development. Reporting to the Managing Director/Marketing Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the brand of GLM, ensuring it is maintained to a high standard in all areas of the business
- Assisting with the planning and execution of both traditional and online business to business and business to consumer marketing approaches to generate prospect appointments
- Implementing a systematic approach to maintaining an up to date website and SEO strategy
- Promotion of the business through social media
- Assisting in preparing presentations and submissions for prospective clients and contacts
- Planning and execution of events
- Organising of meetings with clients, prospective clients and network of contacts – primarily for the firms directors
- Time, diary and email management including follow up on pending matters with limited direction and responding to urgent requests across the offices
- Organising and preparing documents, preparation of meeting and board papers
- Co-ordinating and booking travel arrangements
- Supporting the smooth functioning of the offices and teams across Scotland
If this describes you, and you’re up for the challenge, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing what you could bring to GLM to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12noon on 15th of October 2021.
GLM is fundamentally committed to promoting equality and diversity in our work and in our team. We work to make our company representative of the society in which we live and so welcome CVs from those under-represented in the property profession.