GLM are hiring an Office Manager
Role: Office Manager
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary: 25 hour week, salary negotiable on experience
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organised, helpful individual, with a positive personality and confidence to assist with greeting guests; answering and transferring phone calls, assisting with the smooth running of our design studio, which is home to a team of architects and building surveyors. Your duties will include ordering our supplies, stationery, equipment and organising maintenance and servicing requirements for our vehicles and providing general admin support for the GLM team amongst other responsibilities.
The position could offer progression into finance and/or marketing for the right candidate. You will have good manners and a positive personality, a driving license is preferable. You must be proficient in using technology we would expect the ideal candidate to be confident in using the Microsoft office suite and internet. Position starts from April 1st 2023. The job is wholly office based and cannot be carried out remotely, the office is close to Haymarket Station, Edinburgh, and hours will be from 9am to 2:30pm daily ( five days but flexibility on hours for the right candidate).
Purpose of the role
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Office Manager has responsibility for the smooth running of the general basic support functions within the GLM office. They will ensure the delivery of a range of administrative duties, as well as being the first point of contact for all GLM guests, ensuring they are welcomed politely and promptly.
Office Administration Duties
- First Point of contact for answering and transferring calls, looking after our phone system.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis, updating franking machine as required. Taking mail to the post office.
- Basic administrative support to the Finance Manager, Marketing Assistant and GLM team.
- Greeting guests; Making tea and coffee as required for meetings and office staff.
Other various ad-hoc office tasks:
- Sending and obtaining files from archive.
- Organisation and collection of office lunches as required, clear down following office team lunches.
- Supervision over vehicles in relation to servicing and maintenance appointments and car drop offs; arranging valets.
- Ordering and managing office supplies.
- Emptying and refilling dishwasher daily, keeping the kitchen tidy.
- Putting out bins and recycling of cardboard.
- Supervision over shredding box collections as required.
- Control over and ordering of stationery, tidying printer cupboard, replenishing printer.
- Preparing cheques to send, taking cheques to the bank.
- Obtaining online invoices from various supplier accounts.
- Preparation and sending of client receipts.
- Assisting with admin set up on Jobs
- Welcoming visitors and clients to GLM reception, provision of tea and coffee where required. Meeting set up and tidy up as required.
- Answering phones and transferring to the most appropriate member of staff
Working in a team
- Support the team’s efforts to succeed.
- Balance your own and others needs accordingly
- Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Your daily workload will be controlled by use of a to-do list and default outlook reminders.
- Ability to remain calm in all situations.
- Ability to keep a to do list of assigned tasks, good prioritisation of tasks.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and ask for help as required.
- Is courteousness and respectful of colleagues and others in all business activities acting in a professional manner
- Flexible to change, eager to improve and develop new skills
- Your own personal development will be encouraged and managed by the finance manager.
- Resourcefulness in keeping busy and helping others within the team.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Numerical with attention to detail, English qualification at Higher Level essential, Maths at Higher desirable, qualified by experience will be considered.
- An interest in future development within key areas of business administration, finance and/or marketing is desirable.
- Competent with all Microsoft Office programmes. Experience using Indesign/Adobe would be desirable but not essential.
- Evidence of Good organisational skills, two years previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- A polite and professional office and telephone manner.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter which should explain why you would be the right candidate for this role and joining Team GLM.
Please send your applications to email@example.com. Closing date for applications will be 14th March.