Nunraw Developments Ltd.
Brief and Response
GLM has been appointed to undertake the restoration of this important A Listed castle in East Lothian in two phases. Our building surveying team is currently engaged in phase one of the refurbishment which involves the replacement of the roof coverings, repair of stonework and overhaul of windows. In addition, working with the client’s US based architect and interior designer, we are
providing technical architectural support on phase two which involves the comprehensive refurbishment of the internal fabric, replacement of building services and fitting out as a private residence which we will go on to procure and project manage. Planned works include a full restoration of the tower and its cottages, as well as restoration of the property’s 17th-century beehive dovecot and
its 19th-century glass house. Nunraw Tower dates back to the 16th century and since then the property passed between several owners. In 1946, the estate was acquired by the Cistercian brothers of Mount St Joseph Abbey and they used the tower as a guesthouse until it was sold to the current owner in 2014.